HOSA: Future Health Professionals
The purpose of the HOSA organization is to develop leadership and technical skill competencies through a program of motivation, awareness and recognition, which is an integral part of the Health Science Education instructional program.
The mission of HOSA is to enhance the delivery of compassionate, quality health care by providing opportunities for knowledge, skill and leadership development of all health science education students, therefore, helping the student meet the needs of the health care community.
The goals that HOSA believes are vital to each member are:
- To promote physical, mental and social well being.
- To develop effective leadership qualities and skills.
- To develop the ability to communicate more effectively with people.
- To develop character.
- To develop responsible citizenship traits.
- To understand the importance of pleasing oneself as well as being of service to others.
- To build self-confidence and pride in one's work.
- To make realistic career choices and seek successful employment in the health care field.
- To develop an understanding of the importance in interacting and cooperating with other students and organizations.
- To encourage individual and group achievement.
- To develop an understanding of current health care issues, environmental concerns, and survival needs of the community, the nation and the world.
- To encourage involvement in local, state and national health care and education projects.
- To support Health Science Education instructional objectives.
- To promote career opportunities in health care.
Health Science Events
Dental Terminology Medical Spelling Medical Terminology Medical Math Medical Reading
- Behavioral Health
- Human Growth and Development
- Medical Law and Ethics
- Transcultural Health Care
Health Professions Events
Biomedical Laboratory Science Clinical Nursing Clinical Specialty Dental Science Home Health Aide Nursing Assisting *Personal Care Physical Therapy Sports Medicine Veterinary Science
Emergency Preparedness Events
CERT Skills CPR/First Aid Emergency Medical Technician Epidemiology *Life Support Skills MRC Partnership Public Health
Extemporaneous Health Poster Extemporaneous Writing Healthy Lifestyle *Interviewing Skills Job Seeking Skills Medical Photography Prepared Speaking Researched Persuasive Speaking *Speaking Skills
Biomedical Debate Community Awareness Creative Problem Solving Forensic Medicine Health Career Display Health Education HOSA Bowl Medical Innovation Parliamentary Procedure Public Service Announcement
HOSA Happenings Outstanding State Leader HOSA Marketing Challenge